Pistang Tomasino



Beads tide together tightly, forming to a keychain. This keychain was made from the Parañaque City Jail Female Dormitory, all of the income that comes from the products are being given to them. Every piece of the product has its owner and maker, for example this keychain belongs to the name, Ella. And she also made some wallets that are made out of beads. There are also a lot of products that the Parañaque City Jail Female Dormitory makes like, flowers and other decorations. " Ung mga hindi marunung gumawa ng keychain, ginagawa nila ung mga flower sa 100 na bilog tapos may 20 pesos ung gumawa." As for the materials that they used, the "tinderas" are the ones who usually bought in Divisoria mall, "hihingi kami ng list sakanila para sa materials, kunyari 1 kilo papabili ganun." Also, the tindera said that "bilang den namin ung mga nagagawa nila, kaya alam den namin kung magkano nakikita nila sa isang produkto." The female prisoners from Parañaque City Jail makes atleast 2 keychains per day, since "depende sa mood nila, and mahirap gawin kasi babanaten pa ung mga beads." Prisoners that are in jail right now can't really live the life that they wanted, but what matters to me the most is that even though that their inside of the walls, they seek happiness in doing what they like/love, DIY stuffs. But, it can also be their "palipas oras". This was the first booth that I went to, curiosity was in my eyes, as I walked there I was astonished. It caught my attention that Parañaque City Jail Female Dormitory was the one who made this amazing things like the keychain, flower, Bonsai trees, and wallets that are made out of beads. This keychain is a dog, at first I thought it was a mouse, but then I look harder into it, it is actually a dog. And it cost for 30 PESOS ONLY!!! SPEND WORTHY.          


            Tiny basket the size of a 10cm ruler, dark and light brown colored, weaved wood, and can be used as an accessory or a flat lay post in social media. Seeing this basket makes me wonder why would people buy it? As I go around and see other things, this was the second unique thing that I've ever seen. It was made from Caritas Manila Inc. Caritas Manila is a charity / organization where it helps the needy, our brothers and sisters from their lack of money. Buying from them is a big deal for me, since I am not really a charitable person, but buying their product makes me a proud human being. To them 5 pesos is important, since no matter how big or small the amount is, it's still a donation for the living. As seen in the picture at the rightside, it is hard to do it especially that it is so small, soft hands or "not heavy hand" can only do that. I was really impressed by seeing this basket. To answer my question "Why would people buy it?" Why did I buy it in the first place? Let me tell you why. Do you ever see something that it is unique, but it is also simple? I saw that in the basket. I actually have that basket in my house but ten times bigger, for us to put our dirty laundry away. So why not a smaller version of it. Tell me that this is not CUTE, because it is. It is CUTER when I can also put my dog ​​keychain here. This basket costs 5 PESOS !!!! It is a spend worthy.



            I was amused as I saw this. To be honest I was not that much of a sunflower lover, but seeing a bracelet that is handcrafted made by the CWHED (Cooperative of Women in Health and Development), it gives me meaning that it is precious as they make it. Wandering in the bazaar I see such many things that I could buy, but this bracelet caught my attention, not only because of it's color of the sunflower, but also the materials of it. When I was young, at the age of 8-9, I was fascinated to the "ate's and kuya's" who made these kinds of bracelets, so I copied them. I told my aunty to buy me some beads in Divisoria mall and 168, and the nylon wire for the beads to be tied on. As seeing my own bracelet gives me an excitement that I can do this on my own, even though that is just simple. But as I try other patterns, it fails me to do so. Remember the time when loom bands were a trend in the year of 2013, I used to make one, and I was thrilled that I could make one. Weaving bands to bands makes it easier to form a bracelet and even a keychain. But upon seeing the bracelet with sunflower patterns, it makes much more captivating in my eyes. This sunflower bracelet costs for 35 PESOS ONLY !!! While the loom bands costs for atleast a 100 and up when you buy it in Divisoria, but if you buy it in a mall it will cost 500 and up. So why not buy this sunflower bracelet, when it is beautiful as the others and it's spend worthy.

            As an artist I know how it feels to make something from a raw material to a new product, It brings me joy and happiness, and it also makes me a proud artist for creating such unique and creative thing that they can think of. Going to the bazaar of the "Pistang Tomasino" makes me a proud Filipino that anyone can do it also, even if they're just an ordinary people just like me.


            Lastly, the Macapuno, made by the Brgy. Buenevista Nagcarlan, Laguna. The first time I tried Macapuno was at Red Ribbon, but tasting this flavory, powdered, coconut is the best Macapuno that I've ever tasted in my life. Red Ribbon is full of sugar, and it is actually good enough for me, but Brgy. Buenevista's Macapuno is the flavorest of them all. It only costs for 35 PESOS. But at Red Ribbon it costs for 50 PESOS. 


Comments

  1. Rae Angeli Parrocha
    12HUMSS-14
    The blogger reviewed four (4) products/items from Pistang Tomasino. Firstly, I think that the blogger created a very catchy title “Through the Chinita’s eyes”, which enticed me to read on further. From the dog keychain, tiny wooden basket, sunflower bracelet, and Macapuno balls, the blogger described each item with concrete details, starting from what it was made, who made it, and even the price of each piece. I also liked the fact that she shared the conversations she had with the vendors, which allowed me to see not just the description of the products, but also the intricacy of how it was made. She also included her own experiences as an artist and allowed me to look at the perspective of the creators of the product. One of the highlights of the blog are the pictures included. The pictures were of high-quality and it was creatively shot. What I loved the most was the photo of the tiny wooden basket hung onto the tap.

    Although, she was able to explain the origin and process of those products, I think there can be improvement in the content. It would be great if she further explained how those products will become a trend, as I did not read much about it. When it comes to sentence structure and grammar, I think there can also be improvement as there are some sentences I cannot comprehend. The blogger can replace her choice of words in describing the item or her experiences for readers to appreciate the beauty of the products more and to make the statement more convincing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts